With an average industry experience of over 10 years, our solutions architects and analysts can give you expert technology analysis, provide various solutions options and help you build a road map to your OMNI systems upgrade based on your unique business and technology stack. Our services include:
Current Version to Omni 7.0 Mapping
In addition to providing of detail review review and summary of the FIS release notes, our team can help you with the following:
- Perform analysis to determine usage and appropriate mapping of field like types.
- Determine if your site is using: (i) Base Text (BT). (ii) Extended User Defined Fields (EUDF). (iii) OmniCash (CA). (iv) Comp (CM). (v) Division Subsidiary (DS). (vi) Sub Accounting (EP). (vii) EFT History (ET). (viii) Fund Control (FC).
Disbursement & Check Writing
- If using OmniPay determine any changes required and determine mapping for OmniPlus 7.0 implementation.
- If not using OmniPay, determine if the system is utilizing the Check Header (CK) and Check Detail (CD) records?
OmniScript / OmniCalc Analysis / VBA
Analysis to identify and do the following for custom OmniScripts:
- Determine purpose.
- Determine if new features continue to provide need of custom script.
- Work with business to rationalize Omnscript.
- Analyze custom scripts that will exist in 7.0 for changes required.
- Update / Unit Test custom scripts for changes that were identified as needed for 7.0.
- Analysis to identify all VBAs and do the following: (i) Determine purpose. (ii) Determine if it can be rationalized with Screen Variance. (iii) Configure Screen Variance to replace current VBAs.
Control File Functionality
- Evaluate the availability of Control File Functionality to Remove and Reduce Customization.
- Provide ability to further reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by: (i) Working with OmniCore Functionality. (ii) Replacing higher priced COBOL resources with lower cost OmniScript Resources. (iii) Cheaper and Faster to develop internal competencies for OmniScript Control Files vs. COBOL development.
Custom User Exits
Analyze your current version of OmniPlus for Custom User Exits and determine:
- Is the custom code still needed or are there new standard features that can take it’s place?
- If the code should be maintained, determine changes required for OmniPlus 7.0.
- Update / Unit Test custom User Exits for changes that were identified as needed for 7.0.
JCL or Unix Script Analysis
Analyze all custom JCL or Unix Scripts that require changes for 7.0 environment including:
- File Size Changes.
- Load Library Changes.
- Additional Changes as appropriate to take advantage of OS and Hardware upgrades.
Infrastructure & Unified Analysis
Analyze current Platform installation & Determine / suggest options to improve:
- Throughput processing.
- Improved reliability.
- Business Continuity.
Analyze current Unified implementation & Determine / suggest optimization methods to:
- Reduce processing Times.
- Reduce recovery times and increase recovery points.
- Provide improved batch cycle reporting.
Work with Business to determine what new features to implement:
- Pre Tax Conversions to ROTH.
- Encrypted PII – Work with Business and Technology to execute Web Penetration Testing on current system and then after 7.0 improvements.
- OAW – Screen Variance to replace OmniPlus VBAs.
Environment Build Out and Smoke Tests
- Build out new environments based on analysis.
- Run Test Unifieds.
- Test Recovery ability.
- Define Testing Tool.
- Functional Testing: (i) Release Notes. (ii) Develop Test Scripts/Cases. (iii)Execute Test Scripts. (iv) Resolve/Explain/Root Cause Analysis of any Issues found.
- User acceptance testing.
- Resolve issues.
Certify Environment Production Ready
Run Parallel day in the life cycles including:
- Daily Batch cycles – Ensure that transactions processed through the production daily cycles are processed correctly through the 7.0 environment.
- Nightly Unifieds: (i) Run Parallel nightly unifieds. (ii) Compare trade order files and correct or explain all differences. (iii) Validate all peripheral systems functionality.
- Reconciliation & Settlements
- NSCC Interfaces and File formats
- 22C-2 Processing
- Dividends Processing
- Other Nightly and Day time Batch Processes
Record Keeping Systems
- DST TRAC
- Schwab Systems
- Custom Recordkeeping Platforms
is the difference.
Interested to know how we can help you?